Packed with nuts and seeds, these cookies are protein rich and very filling. A brilliant easy, free from recipe to rustle up if you are short of time. The riper your bananas the sweeter they will be, so if using super ripe bananas then you may only need 1 tbsp of the honey. I personally prefer a bitter and powerful cacao kick so I would leave out the honey altogether, however I recommend a raw mixture taste test before making that decision, as it may not be up everyone's street.
Make your own
3 ripe bananas
4 tbsp nut/seed butter (I used 2 tbsp pumpkin seed butter and 2 tbsp almond butter)
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
1/3 cup sesame seeds
1/3 cup desiccated coconut
1/3 cup walnut pieces
¼ cup raw cacao
1-2 tbsp wild honey (sweeten to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Blend the bananas, vanilla, nut/seed butter, oil and cacao (and honey if using) in a food processor until smooth.
- Stir in the desiccated coconut, walnuts and seeds.
- Spoon the mixture (around 1 tbsp per cookie) onto a lined baking tray.
- Bake for around 10-15 minutes.
- Leave to cool.