These truffles are great when you’re feeling run down or have the flu. Packed full of anti-inflammatory goodness, thanks to the turmeric. Omega 3 and 6 in the nuts provide essential fatty acids and the alkalizing lime is bursting with vitamin C.
Make your own
1 cup dried unsweetened mango pieces
2/3 cup unsalted, unroasted cashew nuts
1/2 cup desiccated coconut plus a little more for decoration
1 tbsp lime juice
Zest of 1 lime
Pinch of turmeric
1. Leave the cashew nuts to soak in a bowl of water for an hour, and drain.
2. Soften the dried mango in a bowl of water for 15 minutes. Don’t let the mango get too soggy.
3. Blend ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
4. Form into small balls and roll in the extra desiccated coconut.
5. Place on a plate, and put in the fridge. Keep in the fridge for up to ten days