This grain and nut free, protein rich bread is great as a base for an open sandwich, and goes hand in hand with a bowl of steaming soup. This recipe provides substantial amounts of fibre, thanks to the flaxseeds and coconut flour and Vitamin E from the sunflower seeds; helping to optimise digestion and skin health respectively.
Make your own
3/4 cup coconut flour
1/3 cup ground flaxseeds
1/4 cup coconut milk or any nut milk
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp Himalayan/sea salt
1.5 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary or thyme (leave a tsp for the the top)
2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Whisk the eggs, coconut oil and milk together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients together, including the herbs and 1 tbsp of the sunflower seeds.
- Add the dry to the wet ingredients, making sure there are no lumps.
- Spoon the mixture into a pre-lined loaf tin, sprinkle with the remaining 1 tbsp of sunflower seeds and some leftover herbs.
- Bake for 40 minutes (or until a skewer comes out clean).