Buckwheat is a protein rich seed containing rutin; a powerful antioxidant said to help improve circulation. Flaxseeds act as the binding agent in this recipe, however they are a great source of soluble fibre which may aid digestion function.
Make your own
2 cups buckwheat flour
5 tbsp ground flaxseeds
1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
1 1/3 cups water
Coconut oil for frying (you could also add spices such as 1/2 tsp of cumin/turmeric/garam masala)
- Mix the buckwheat flour, ground flaxseeds and salt together.
- Gradually add the water and knead quickly into a soft and sticky dough.
- Let the dough sit for around 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into small balls.
- On a floured service and using a well floured rolling pin, roll out circles (approximately 1-2 mm thick).
- Heat a frying pan to a medium temperature with around 1 tsp of coconut oil. Cook the wraps for aproximately 2 minutes on each side, until golden. You may need to add extra oil to the pan before flipping it over.
- Make sure you wipe out the pan with paper towels between cooking each wrap then replacing the oil before repeating the cooking process.
- Serve with a variety of delicious fillings.
Tomato, chilli, lime and coriander salsa
Grilled free range herby chicken pieces/tandoori prawns/grilled halloumi
Fresh spinach/rocket/lamb's lettuc