Chickpea flour is also known as gram, garbanzo bean flour or besan, it is packed with protein, used as a staple ingredient in Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi cuisines. Chickpeas contain isoflavones, a class of phytoestrogens known for their hormone balancing effects.
Make your own
140g (1 cup plus 1 tbsp) chickpea/gram flour
½ tsp Himalayan salt
1 tbsp freshly chopped rosemary
Virgin coconut oil for cooking
- Combine the salt, flour, egg and water to make a thick batter.
- Stir in the finely chopped fresh rosemary.
- Leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Fry the pancakes using coconut oil to grease the pan.
- Add your chosen fillings; I used homemade hummus, lemon and garlic prawns, avocado and a sprinkle of coriander.